It’s a muggy afternoon. Good thing I have this lemonade.
Things you can buy from a food truck in Nashville, a continuing series. Episode Twenty-nine: Giant doughnut with blueberry cream cheese icing.
The morning light when it’s in your face really shows your age. Or something.
I still have my Flickr pro account.
Forgot to mention, Jeni also publishes all of her recipes:
Click here checka check it out.
Cherry Lambic Beer Sorbet
Beer as a frozen treat! Hell yes!
At Jenis creamery, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Oh. My. Gawd.
I have a want.
1. They’re 3 minutes away from me. Highly recommended.
2. You can buy online.
3. Go with the Maker’s Mark Butter Pecan first.
The Jeni’s near me (90 seconds, for those for whom 3 minutes is an eternity) has started adding “gravel” (bits of crunchy salty sweet things) to their ice cream. 90 seconds is dangerously close, which is why I normally take the ten minutes to walk.
Max likes having his belly rubbed. Within certain limitations.
Costume checks for Sound of Music. Note that the hills seem to have a stripper pole, and the Von Trapp children’s eventual patricide is COMPLETELY justified.
The senior center has a table full of books you can buy for a dollar apiece.
I’ve EARNED this hot chicken sandwich today.
The 2009 reboot of Star Trek had time-travel as a significant plot point, but I didn’t realize how much time travel was involved until I saw it in the theater:
A quick plot summary:
- Eric Bana and Spock come back from the future in their space Deloreans, Kirk is born.
- Baby Spock has issues with his humanity/vulcanity
- Teen Kirk gets into trouble
- Grown Kirk goes to Academy, meets some other cast members.
- Grown Kirk takes Kobayashi Maru, fails
- Three men are plummeting through the atmosphere of an alien planet in space suits. They land on what appears to be a drilling platform, one of them removes his helmet, and is Sulu.
- Planet kerplodes, was apparently Vulcan.
- Kirk and Spock fight on the bridge of the Enterprise. Kirk is summarily ejected through an escape pod onto the nearest planet.
- Kirk retakes the Kobayashi Maru, passes by hacking the system.
- Emergency distress call from planet Vulcan!
- Everyone gets onto their respective starships, Kirk meets Sulu and Bones
- Fleet warps to Vulcan, emerges into mother of all space battles.
- Decision is made to jump from low-Vulcan orbit to drilling platform.
- Kirk’s escape pod lands on icy planet.
- Kirk meets big JJ Abrams monster, Montgomery Scott, Future Spock.
- Kirk, Scott, and Oysterboy beam back to Enterprise.
- Kirk resumes command of Enterprise, saves the world, punches Eric Bana in his stupid face.
- Spocks collide.
Later, I discovered that there wasn’t THAT much time-travel, but the projectionist had gotten the reels out of order.